Call us: +91 9920715900 (9:00 AM - 6:30 PM - IST)

Employment in UK

Employment in UK: If you hold a Tier 4 (general) or a Tier 4 (child) visa, you are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during the course of your semester and full-time during holidays. However, to do so, you must fulfill certain requirements:

  • You must be a student at a public-funded university
  • You could be a student in a short-term program
  • You are over the age of 16
  • You are enrolled in an NQF level 6 and higher course.

In case your passport or visa does not permit you to work in the UK, breaching the law can have serious consequences, which may lead to your deportation.

If you are looking out for a part-time job, it is advisable to regularly check your campus placement cells, or with restaurants and eateries close to where you live, as they often hire students. If you are lucky, you might even land a job on the campus itself.

Also, check out Study in UK.

Planning to study abroad?

Fill in your details and we’ll call you back.