As an Indian student wishing to study in Canada, you are required to have a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa.
The former allows you to study in Canada, while the latter is required to enter the country. As a holder of a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make steady progress in completing your course.
In order to obtain a study permit, you will need:
- An acceptance letter from your institution
- A valid passport
You will also be required to furnish proof of sufficient funds for tuition fees, and living expenses in Canada.
- Besides this, you will be required to declare proof of return to India.
- It is also mandatory to have no criminal record as evidenced by a police report.
- In some cases, you may also need to provide a medical certificate of fitness
- The application process also includes a personal interview at the Canadian embassy or consulate.